Blend Interactive has over 15 years of experience moving sites from one content management system to another. Simply put — we're moving pros.
CMS migration: getting ready for the big move.
When a family outgrows their home, it's common to make a big move. Websites are no different — whether it's changes to your team or a major expansion of strategy, it's essentially to make sure your content and business goals are met within your CMS.
However, a CMS migration is often underestimated, under-budgeted, and poorly planned. At Blend, we've built a world-class "moving team" to help you get from your old CMS into your new one, well-versed in what's essential to a successful move. Steps such as:
- Determining what content will be moved — and what will be left behind.
- Auditing the current design and content model for adherence to brand standards.
- Developing a content model that can easily accept existing content — and identifying where issues may arise.
- Preparing for and performing automated migrations.
- Providing governance planning and assistance with manual migration.
While a CMS might not have a cozy fireplace, changing CMS platforms significantly alters the comfort level of a day-to-day content team. Blend can help you make that move as comfortable as possible.
Moving CMS platforms is like moving homes — preparation is key to making sure the move goes smoothly.
Our migration experience.
You want a moving company that can handle any obstacle, from a split entryway to narrow doorways and steep driveways. Your web migration team is no different — migration requires skilled planning and flexibility when faced with the unexpected. Blend has experience migrating from and into dozens of vendor systems, allowing us to refine and cross-pollinate our migration expertise. Some of our CMS migration success includes migrating from:
- Ektron to Optimizely/Episerver
- WordPress to Optimizely/Episerver
- Ektron to Drupal
- Home-grown CMS to Sitecore
- Home-grown CMS to Optimizely/Episerver
- Static HTML to Optimizely/Episerver
Additionally, we've pulled content from various integrations into Optimizely (formerly Episerver), from PHP-based forums to Folio magazine content.
A Vision for a Pain-Free Migration
Migrations don’t have to be a pain — Blend has a process and vision going forward of how to make the migration process simpler. Learn more in this article from Blend's CTO Joe Kepley.