Optimizely Release Notes — March / April 2022
The following release notes highlight major or interesting changes in Optimizely's products in March and April 2022.
Every few months, Blend reviews Optimizely’s release notes to better understand how changes will affect existing and future projects. The following release notes highlight major or interesting changes in Optimizely’s products. For the full list of releases, visit Optimizely’s Release Notes.
For more information on how these changes might affect your project, or to reach out to Blend Interactive’s Gold-level development team, contact us today!
Updates for .NET 6.
Optimizely is rolling out extended support for .NET 6, with a handful of updates focused on preparing for the next version.
Support for the .NET 6 user interface.
Optimizely added support for .NET 6 to the user interface packages of Optimizely Content Cloud (CMS). There will be no changes to support for .NET 5, and the packages will include assemblies built for both .NET 5 and .NET 6.
(CMS-21476) — Product: Episerver CMS UI v 12.4.0
Support for .NET 6 within user telemetry.
Support has also been added for .NET 6 within Optimizely’s telemetry packages. They will work for both .NET 5 and .NET 6.
(CMS-22557) — Product: Episerver Telemetry v 2.1.0
Support for .NET 6 within TinyMCE rich-text editor.
Finally, support has been added for .NET 6 within Optimizely’s TinyMCE rich-text editor. Again, they will work for both .NET 5 and .NET 6.
(CMS-22534) — Product: Episerver CMS TinyMCE v 3.2.0
Image Library now accepts .TIFF files.
This one does what it says on the label: the library used by the Image Library now supports TIFF files.
(CMS-16560) — Product: Episerver CMS Core v 12.4.2
Internal and external URLs can have a target source.
This update enables users to select a target source for internal and external URLS. Editors will be able to select “new window,” “tab,” or “pop up” for internal and external URLs.
(CMS-19965) — Product: Episerver CMS Core v 12.5.0
Updates to On-Page Edit for decoupled sites.
Optimizely updated On-Page Edit to remove the requirement of sharing a domain between the delivery and management site.
(CMS-21044) — Product: Episerver CMS UI v 12.4.0
New Commerce Features
A handful of new features and bug fixes have been included within Optimizely Commerce — especially around the PIM connector — over the past two months. These include:
- Send New Order Events to Application Insights: A new feature sends events whenever new orders are created or canceled to Application Insights so DXP can query and gather data for subscription charging purposes. — (COM-13169) Product: Episerver Commerce v 1.0.1
- Model/Property Sync Toggle in PIM: Added new attributes to toggle sync for models and properties in PIM connector. — (COM-14366) Product: Episerver Commerce PIM v 1.0.0
- Exports Respect Attribute Settings in PIM: Optimizely has modified the export job to respect attribute settings in PIM connector. — (COM-14370) Product: Episerver Commerce PIM v 1.0.0
- Set Language in PIM: Optimizely has added functionality to set the default language in the PIM connector. (COM-14456) Product: Episerver Commerce PIM v 1.0.0
- New Init Module in PIM: Finally, Optimizely has added a new init module to scan for new attributes in the PIM connector. — (COM-14369) Product: Episerver Commerce PIM v 1.0.0
Additional bug fixes.
There are always bug fixes and minor functionality changes. Rather than list the rest, feel free to visit the release notes page and filter by date.