Optimizely Release Notes — January-February 2023
The following release notes highlight major or interesting changes in Optimizely's products from January and February 2023.
Blend reviews Optimizely’s release notes every few months to better understand how changes will affect existing and future projects. Here are the major new releases over the last two months.
For the full list of releases, visit Optimizely’s Release Notes. And for more information on how these changes might affect your project, or to reach out to Blend Interactive’s Gold-level development team, contact us today!
Improved UI for scheduled job functions.
The past two months saw two features dedicated to the user interface around scheduled jobs.
Specifically, the scheduled jobs list UI was updated to modernize the layout and implement new features. For example (from the official update):
- The Next Run column indicates the next time that specific job will be executed.
- The Start/Stop button lets you manage your jobs directly from the Scheduled Jobs page. (Previously, you went to the details page of each individual job to then execute the job.)
- The detail segment of each scheduled job is now in three tabs.
- Details – Displays the name, description, next run time and status of the job. You also can start and stop the job.
- History – Displays information about previous runs of the specific job.
- Settings – Lets you schedule the next run on a specific time and date.
Notifications have moved.
Additionally, another UI update comes in the form of an updated notifications location. In the newest releases, the notification section has been moved to the global navigation bar. Any global notifications will now appear in this location, as long as a user has CMS edit permissions (or higher).
(CMS-25325) — Product: Episerver CMS UI v 12.17.0
Introducing HCaptcha to Form Samples.
For those that take advantage of Form Samples within Optimizely, a HCaptcha Block has been added.
(AFORM-3210) — Product: Episerver Forms Samples v 4.1.0
A collection of Commerce updates.
Nine new features have been added to Optimizely’s Commerce offering, all of which are listed below.
- Restore position when pasting Discount — Improved visibility of most recently applied discount when using multiple campaign discounts. (COM-15912) — Product: Episerver Commerce v. 14.10.0
- Add Filter by Campaign to Discount Priorities page. (COM-15795) — Product: Episerver Commerce v. 14.10.0
- Improve Business Foundation UI. (COM-16446) — Product: Episerver Commerce v. 14.10.0
- Support for overflow layout when custom filters are added — The APIs allow for registering custom filters that appear on marketing screens. When additional filters are added they are shown in multiple rows. (COM-16078) — Product: Episerver Commerce v. 14.10.0
- Empty state on Campaigns screen — A No Campaigns yet message now displays with a link (Create New Campaign) if there are no campaigns in the system. A No Discounts yet message now displays with a link (Create New Discount) if there are no discounts within a campaign. (COM-15827) — Product: Episerver Commerce v. 14.10.0
- Move Discount menu updated — You can now move a discount to an exact position or above/below an exact discount. You can enter a numerical priority value to place the discount where you want it; other discounts are updated accordingly. (COM-16013) — Product: Episerver Commerce v. 14.10.0
- Updated existing filter controls to be dropdown and multi-select — On the Marketing and the Discount priority pages, changed the filter layout to a drop-down menu with multiple selections. (COM-16076) — Product: Episerver Commerce v. 14.10.0
- Market endpoints in service API — Added market endpoints for Service API for the Optimizely Data Platform-to-Optimizely Customized Commerce connector. (COM-16404) — Product: Episerver Commerce v. 14.10.0
- Added the Bolt payment provider integration. (COM-16260) — Product: Episerver Commerce v. 14.10.0
Additional features and bug fixes.
There are always bug fixes and minor functionality changes. Rather than list the rest, feel free to visit the release notes page and filter by date.