Optimizely Release Notes — September-October 2023
The following release notes highlight major or interesting changes in Optimizely's products from September and October 2023.
Blend reviews Optimizely’s release notes every few months to better understand how changes will affect existing and future projects. Here are the major new releases over the last two months.
For the full list of releases, visit Optimizely’s Release Notes. And for more information on how these changes might affect your project, or to reach out to Blend Interactive’s Gold-level development team, contact us today!
User interface updates.
A ton of user interface updates have been pushed through, from the UI for selection properties to the ability to name inline blocks. We’ll list the full set below.
- The new Content Type Management UI supports the grouping of property data types. (CMS-29624) — Product: Episerver CMS v 12.18.0
- The new design of the list of property types removes any duplicates. Additionally, there is now a mapping system in the UI that lets the user choose which specific type they want to map to the chosen field type when they select a property. (CMS-29279) — Product: Episerver CMS v 12.23.0
- A new UI setting for basic validation — specifically, the ability to assign maximum and minimum values to number ranges, string lengths, and the number of items allowed in a list — has been added. (CMS-28079) — Product: Episerver CMS v 12.23.0
- Admins can now specify allowed and restricted types on the property level in Admin mode. (CMS-28074) — Product: Episerver CMS v 12.23.0
- The Content Type menu has been reorganized in admin mode — it has been split into multiple separate components. (CMS-28107) — Product: Episerver CMS v 12.23.0
- The layout of the configuration screen that appears when you select properties in Admin mode is updated. (CMS-28111) — Product: Episerver CMS v 12.23.0
- Admin mode now supports a checkbox to set a property as a list. (CMS-26295) — Product: Episerver CMS v 12.23.0
- You can now name inline blocks in the Content Area. Additionally, you can keep the original block name when you convert a shared block to inline. (CMS-29504) — Product: Episerver CMS v 12.24.0
Integration with Commerce.
Two big commerce integrations were added to Optimizely over the past few months.
Added ability to drag CMS pages into Commerce content.
Editors now have the ability to drag CMS pages into Commerce content, rather than simply relying on existing modals. This should help speed up integrating CMS content into commerce content.
(COM-17139) — Product: Episerver Commerce v 14.15.0)
Improved ODP integration for scheduled job.
Additionally, the integration with Optimizely Data Platform (ODP, formerly Welcome) has been adjusted to rely on a push operation from Commerce, rather than looking to ODP itself for a pull operation.
(COM-17307) — Product: Episerver Commerce v 13.35.0)
Additional features and bug fixes.
There are always bug fixes and minor functionality changes. Rather than list the rest, please visit the release notes page and filter by date.