Your Virtual Blend Team
Same team. New locations.
A message from CEO, Karla Santi
- Mar. 14 2020
Starting Monday, March 16th, the team at Blend will be working remotely until further notice to help do our part in slowing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The good news is that Blend's team is prepared to work from home full-time, with the necessary equipment and technology to do so.
Our team, clients, partners, and their families are at the center of everything we do as a company. I'd like to take the time to outline the steps we're taking in response so we can continue to focus on the work that we do while keeping people safe and healthy.
- Effective Monday, March 16th, we are a full-time virtual team working remotely from home. We each are set up with the proper equipment, tools, security measures, and communication tools.
- We've given each member of our team a little budget to ensure their remote space is up to par. It's been fun sharing photos of where we'll be working and seeing everyone's personalities shine through their own spaces. Some have massive gaming areas with multiple computers and monitors, where some have an office straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog. It helps to be able to visualize where everyone is working.
- We've eliminated work travel, including travel to conferences, events, client visits, etc. until further notice.
- During this time, all internal and client meetings will be structured as Zoom video/phone calls. We encourage video conferencing, as it significantly improves the quality of communication. Please consider turning on your camera while chatting with us.
- We've added some new communication guidelines and virtual team expectations in anticipation of being fully remote, including adding extra flexibility around our existing policies and workplace expectations.
One of our company values is integrity. We value relationships, communication, and a sense of right and wrong more than we value invoices. We will do the right thing, even if it means suffering a negative impact. With that in mind, while we don't anticipate significant disruption to our day-to-day operations, we cannot predict what the impact could be. Due to school and daycare closings, there is the possibility that some team members will not be able to work or be available during our regular office hours. Your project team will communicate any scheduling, project status changes with you should they arise. We hope that you trust that we have your interest in mind as we balance this with this new experience.
We're fortunate that we've been focusing on supporting our existing remote team (we have an employee in Illinois and one in Washington), and we're all going to jump into their shoes for a bit. This will be a great learning experience for our company as well. We're a small business, we're nimble and can move quickly if needed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Blend's COO, Jessica Hutchinson, or your Blend project manager. We will keep you updated on our status, and when we will resume our regular, in-office hours.