Umbraco Coaching and Co-Development
Blend brings years of experience to your team through Umbraco coaching and co-development, helping you develop, integrate, and accelerate your web team in the Friendly CMS.
Just because you’re looking to implement a new Umbraco site, it doesn’t mean your team is ready to take it and run. A new content management system takes little time, a decent amount of training, and a lot of patience.
At Blend, we get this. It’s what we do.
We recognize the value in ensuring your internal team is ready to take on ownership of the implementation — to provide guidance and coaching, rather than a cold handoff. Which is why we provide Umbraco Coaching: our solution for helping your team feel comfortable and confident through your project’s development and far into its future.
Turning tour team into an Umbraco team.
Blend's history and experience developing custom Umbraco solutions equips us to help bring your team up to speed through two methods:
- Coaching - In which Blend trains your team and brings them up to speed
- Co-Development - In which Blend tackles complex functionality in a way that sets the team up for success later on
Your custom implementation. Our decades of combined experience.
What does a standard coaching engagement look like? It all depends on what you need. To begin, Blend's strategy and development teams will work with you to understand where we can best fit. We will define the goals of Umbraco coaching, which could include:
- Strategic planning on how to prioritize and collaborate on your project.
- Coaching on how Umbraco’s standard features
- Defined success factors as Blend gradually hands over more and more of the development load.
- Bringing an existing .Net development team up to speed
- Helping familiarize a new .Net development team with the site and system
- Implementation of complex functionality while coaching on the base installation
With this strategic coaching roadmap in place, we work toward a common coaching plan. Feature development, co-development, code review, and periodic benchmarks help ensure we're working toward your goals of Umbraco independence.
In other words, we can reach in two directions. We can take on the heavy lifting and help set you up for support, or we can provide on-the-spot guidance as needed — or, anywhere in between.
Always ready to tackle your biggest tasks.
While Umbraco Coaching is meant to empower your internal team, we know that some big problems might rear their head in the meantime. This is where we really shine: in solving complex content problems through co-development.
Co-development means assisting with the more difficult and complicated parts of a custom Umbraco implementation in a way that passes support knowledge on to your team. With or without a coaching agreement, Blend can co-develop — or, fully take on — the biggest tasks in your development roadmap, including:
- Development of custom features / complex Umbraco problems
- Integration and guidance on search
- Implementation of site monitoring and quality services, such as SiteImprove
- Implementation of your chosen digital asset management (DAM) system
Let’s get started!
Every project is different. Every team is different. Our intent is to understand what goals you’re trying to reach so we can determine how we can best use our experience to get you there.
So, let's talk! Whether you're looking to supercharge your team for a new implementation, or if you're simply looking for a way to supplement your existing site needs, our decades of Umbraco experience are always ready to help out. And, we're ready to pass on all that we've learned.