Now Hiring: Operations Manager
Blend is seeking a skilled administrative expert to oversee our office operations, assist our team, and provide support in a well-organized and timely manner.
Join a collaborative operations team that ensures our company runs smoothly. To apply, submit your information via the form below.
Blend is looking for a full-time internal operations manager to provide communicative and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner. You will work directly with the CEO and Directors of the company and will be tasked with managing communication and support with multiple contacts, both outside the company and within.
You will be joining a collaborative operations team that helps the company run smoothly. This position requires at least four days per week onsite in our office in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, with the option to work remotely the other day.
The responsibilities of this position include, but aren’t limited to:
- Scheduling: You’ll be in charge of scheduling — including meetings across multiple time zones. You will help prioritize meeting schedules, making sure attendees are provided with key information. Meetings include team events, interviews, team retreats, client Q&As, workshops, and more.
- Personal: You will be tasked with some personal client and director tasks, including researching venues, booking personal appointments, finding restaurants, selecting and ordering gifts, shipping packages, and more. You’ll also assist our company founders in their day-to-day through schedule coordination, inbox management, and prioritization of deadlines
- Office Management: You’ll maintain our office space and assist in stocking supplies, collecting mail, seasonal decorating, and general office upkeep. In addition, you’ll monitor Blend’s assets, such as laptops, keyboards, office supplies, Blend swag, and more.
- People Operations: You will assist with our operations functions including, but not limited to, onboarding, getting equipment & swag to new employees, drafting job descriptions, scheduling interviews, reviewing applications, occasionally phone screening candidates, coming up with gift ideas, and more.
- Team Culture: You’ll lead our Culture Club and help brainstorm, plan, and execute events, team-building activities, employee and office celebrations, and other activities relating to our office culture and team. Specifically, you’ll plan and execute office events such as the Blendies, St. Patrick’s Day parade party, Parade of Lights party, team outings and “Mandatory Fun”, open houses, etc. You’ll also coordinate weekly office lunches.
- Business Ops: You’ll assist in administrative duties alongside our CEO and Finance Manager, such as processing PTO and onboarding and offboarding for employees. You’ll also be responsible for managing business insurance renewals and subscriptions.
- Team Communication: Lead internal communication by updating our intranet, helping to prepare a deck for the weekly company meeting, and adding announcements to our shared “hub.” You’ll keep track of anniversaries, birthdays, and milestones and help us celebrate company-wide.
- Special Projects: You’ll be given various projects to see through from start to finish, often in partnership with our CEO. This may include research projects regarding software, operations, or projects pertaining to our clients. The ideal candidate is fully comfortable taking on a project and leading it to fruition.
What We’re Looking For
What experience do we require? We’re open-minded about formal qualifications and years of experience; we value talent above all. Here are some qualities that should describe you:
- You have experience or a strong desire to work for a smaller company, contributing directly to the culture.
- You understand that you have to pitch in where needed to keep the company moving forward. There is no job too big or too small that you’re willing to help tackle.
- You possess excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to foresee and address office and team needs
- You are patient and like working with people. In addition to supporting the CEO and Directors, you will also interact with the team, clients, and friends of Blend. You are professional and friendly when it comes to both internal and external communication.
- You’re a self-starter. You know where to look for answers but also aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need clarification.
- You are intuitive and have good instincts. You often know what someone wants or needs before they do. You’re always thinking a few steps ahead, planning weeks/months ahead, and are ready for whatever comes your way.
- You’re available to work full-time and be present 4-5 days a week onsite at Blend’s downtown office in Sioux Falls and to be onsite every Wednesday morning for our weekly Sprint Ahead company meeting and a full day on Thursdays for our weekly Collab Days.
Not required, but it would be great if you have experience with:
- Google Workspace, Zoom, and Slack.
- A knack for capturing people being human through photography
- Familiarity with Figma or any other design programs
Blend believes that our clients deserve our honesty and integrity and that our office culture should reflect those values. We believe in five core values: passion, progress, integrity, advocacy, and authenticity.
Within the role of the Operations Manager, you will work with the team and our clients in a way that reflects these core values. Passion for the work. Progress in continuously furthering your knowledge base. Integrity to do the right thing, even if it means suffering a negative impact. Advocacy in providing the right solution even if it’s more challenging. Authenticity is never being afraid to admit to limitations and understanding that the right answer to a question is an honest one.
The successful candidate will be able to align with these core values, and in doing so, our clients and projects will benefit.
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Group Health Insurance offered through UnitedHealthcare
- Vision and dental coverage through UnitedHealthcare Dental and Vision Service Plan
- Simple IRA Plan with employer match
- Long Term Disability is provided at no additional cost to all employees
- Basic (employer-paid) Group Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and WorkLife Services Benefit
- Be Well @ Blend Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Hybrid work environment
To view our office and learn a little more about our culture at Blend, visit our Instagram.