It's a common situation. Your .Net development team is positioned to provide Optimizely support for your new install, or for a legacy Episerver site, but are not quite at a level of comfort to take on a full site build. You need a partner that can help build your new implementation, get your team up to speed on platform best practices, and then gracefully take a step back and support as needed.
At Blend, we understand this landscape, because it's what we do. We recognize the value in ensuring your internal team is ready to take on ownership of the implementation — to provide guidance and coaching, rather than a cold handoff. Which is why we provide Optimizely Coaching: our solution for helping your team feel comfortable and confident through your project’s development and far into its future.
Blend's history and experience developing custom Optimizely solutions equips us to provide top-shelf co-development with your organization's existing development team. Our goal is to set you up for success — both with this engagement and beyond.
What this all means is that Blend is uniquely positioned to fill in the gaps of your team's knowledge or capacity. And, we do it all with one goal in mind: handing over the keys whenever you're ready.
Optimizely coaching includes:
- Strategic planning on how to prioritize and collaborate on your project.
- Coaching on how Optimizely's standard features — and products like Intelligence Cloud and Commerce — will co-exist with your custom integrations.
- Ongoing co-development with Blend's Optimizely team, including consultation with Blend's Optimizely EMVP.
- Defined success factors as Blend gradually hands over more and more of the development load.
Your Custom Implementation. Our Decades of Combined Experience.
What does a standard coaching engagement look like? It all depends on what you need.
Meet Our EMVPRead Joshua's Blog
To begin, Blend's strategy and development teams will work with you to understand where we can best fit. We will define the goals of Optimizely coaching, which could include:
- Bringing an existing .Net development team up to speed
- Helping familiarize a new .Net development team with the site and system
- Staying up to date on monthly Optimizely releases and providing guidance on applicability
- Implementation of complex functionality while coaching on the base installation
With this strategic coaching roadmap in place, we work toward a common coaching plan. Feature development, co-development, code review, and periodic benchmarks help ensure we're working toward your goals of Optimizely independence.
In other words, we can reach in two directions. We can take on the heavy lifting and help set you up for support, or we can provide on-the-spot guidance as needed — or, anywhere in between.
While Optimizely Coaching is designed to help empower your internal development team, we also know that big, hairy problems sprout up from time to time. You're in luck: we love solving complex content problems.
Blend is always available to help assist with the more difficult and complicated parts of a custom Optimizely or Episerver implementation — it's what our company was built upon — and we do so in a way that passes support knowledge on to your team. With or without Optimizely Coaching, Blend is available to co-develop — or, fully take on — the biggest tasks in your development roadmap, including:
- Development of custom features / complex Episerver and Optimizely problems
- Integration and guidance on search through Optimizely Find or Solr
- Implementation of Idio or other Optimizely tools
- Implementation of site monitoring and quality services, such as SiteImprove
- Implementation of your chosen digital asset management (DAM) system
Let’s Get Started!
Every project is different. Every team is different. Our intent is to understand what goals you’re trying to reach so we can determine how we can best use our experience to get you there.
So, let's talk! Whether you're looking to supercharge your team for a new implementation, or if you're simply looking for a way to supplement your existing site needs, our decades of Optimizely experience are always engaged. And, we're ready to pass on all that we've learned.
Drop us a line today!
Blend's Work with Episerver and Optimizely
Getting a Site — and a Team — Up and Running
Episerver (now Optimizely) Coaching for MSU Moorhead immersed them in their new implementation and prepared them for the future.
- Client: Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Industry: Higher Education