Blend has a position for a full-time role to provide communicative and administrative operations support in an extremely well-organized and timely manner.
Join a collaborative operations team that ensures our company runs smoothly. To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blend has a position for a full-time role to provide communicative and administrative support in an extremely well-organized and timely manner. You will work directly with the CEO and Directors of the company and will be tasked with managing communication and support with multiple contacts, both outside the company and within.
You will be joining a collaborative operations team that helps the company run smoothly. This position requires at least two days per week onsite in our Sioux Falls, South Dakota, with the option to work remote the other days.
How you will contribute:
The role functions include, but aren't limited to:
- Scheduling: You'll be in charge of scheduling — including meetings across multiple time zones. You will help prioritize meeting schedules, making sure attendees are provided with key information. Meetings include team events, interviews, team retreats, client Q&As, workshops, and more.
- Travel: You will arrange flights, hotels, and travel, including securing event tickets for leadership and other team members. Expectations are that you know all the tips and tricks of booking travel, and even enjoy making a recommendation or two (post-COVID, of course).
- Personal: You will be tasked with some personal client and director tasks including researching venues, booking personal appointments, finding restaurants, selecting and ordering gifts, shipping packages, and more.
- People Operations: You will assist with our operations functions including, but not limited to, onboarding, getting equipment & swag to new employees, drafting job descriptions, scheduling interviews, reviewing applications, occasionally phone screening candidates, helping plan team events, coming up with gift ideas, and more.
- Special Projects: You’ll be given various projects to see through from start to finish, often in partnership with our CEO. This may include research projects regarding software, operations, or projects pertaining to our clients. The ideal candidate is fully comfortable taking on a project and leading it to fruition.
- And More: As with any small business, there's always something that comes up. You will manage our office, help our team find the answers they need, manage our document storage systems, and keep the best interests of the company in mind at all times. Your job may look vastly different in six months than it does on Day One, so we need someone adaptable who is excited to grow.
- You have 2+ years experience as an executive assistant supporting executives in a startup/small business environment.
- You are part of a team, and understand the need to pitch in where needed to help everyone succeed.
- You are patient and like working with people. In addition to supporting the CEO and Directors, you will also interact with the team, clients, and friends of Blend. You are professional and friendly when it comes to both internal and external communication.
- You’re a self-starter. You know where to look for answers, but also aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need clarification.
- This role is primed for someone who considers themselves an operational guru, a logistical master, and generally someone who is wildly resourceful. You are always looking for ways to do things more effectively and enjoy designing new systems.
- You are a kind, assertive, observant, and self-aware human being with a sense of humor.
- You are intuitive and have good instincts. You often know what someone wants or needs before they do. You're always thinking a few steps ahead, planning weeks/months ahead, and are ready for whatever comes your way.
- You have experience or a strong desire to work for a smaller company, contributing directly to the culture.
- Bonus points if you have experience with: GSuite, Dropbox, Zoom, and Slack.
Blend believes that our clients deserve our honesty and integrity and that our office culture should reflect those values. We believe in five core values: passion, progress, integrity, advocacy, and authenticity.
Within the Executive Operations role, you will work with the team and our clients in a way that reflects these core values. Passion for the work. Progress in continuously furthering your knowledge base. Integrity to do the right thing, even if it means suffering negative impact. Advocacy in providing the right solution even if it's more challenging. Authenticity in never being afraid to admit to limitations and understanding that the right answer to a question is an honest one.
The successful candidate will be able to align with these core values, and in doing so our clients and projects will benefit.
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Group Health Insurance offered through United Healthcare
- Vision and dental coverage through UnitedHealthcare Dental and Vision Service Plan
- Simple IRA Plan with employer match
- Long Term Disability is provided at no additional cost to all employees
- Basic (employer-paid) Group Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and WorkLife Services Benefit
- Be Well @ Blend Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Hybrid work environment