What exactly is a UI Developer? Well, ours balance strong front-end development skills with a keen eye for user-centered design. They can make complicated websites easy to use, design responsive sites and build them in HTML/CSS. In a nutshell, they:
- Conceive and communicate visual and technical solutions to our projects - both internally and client-facing.
- Design assets that can communicate the functionality of a website. This includes but not limited to: wireframes, mockups, style guides, etc.
- Extend an existing design system, or create something fresh.
- Work seamlessly with our back-end developers and the rest of the development team on projects of all sizes & scope.
- Translate design mockups into flexible HTML and CSS to be used in the completed project.
How much experience are we looking for? We’re not looking for any specific degrees or a certain number or years under your belt; talent is talent. Here’s some of what should describe you:
- Has a strong eye for design and a desire to create user-centered, content-driven websites.
- Comfortable working with designs in Sketch or Adobe CC
- Loves web design and typography
- Understands the connection between good design and user goals
- Enjoys working on and with a team
- Experienced in grid systems/CSS frameworks (Bootstrap is our preference)
- Basic knowledge of source control (GIT).
- Experienced in CSS pre-processing (SASS is our preference)
- Experienced in working with content management systems
Experience with agile methodologies is a plus, and we'd like to see some experience working in a team, and all the technologies that entail (source control, continuous integration and build deployment, etc.). A familiarity with building accessible websites is also a big plus.
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- A formal profit sharing plan paid quarterly and based on company profits
- Group health insurance offered through United Healthcare
- Simple IRA Plan with employer match
- Long-term disability insurance
- Three weeks paid time-off
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- 11 1⁄2 paid company holidays
- Sabbatical program
- An employer-provided laptop for work and home use
- Tuition reimbursement for approved classes
- Fantastic work environment
- Employer-provided parking