We are hiring a full-time web developer to work on the .NET stack. If you think you’ve got the chops, we want to meet you!
We need someone who can take ideas and turn them into clean, solid code. Someone who can grasp the big picture while still getting the details right. Someone who can turn out great websites without losing their sense of humor. You’re out there. We know it.
- Install, configure, and manage (mostly .NET based) website frameworks and projects
- Build projects in a variety of content management systems
- Document and version-control your work
- Develop and maintain well-documented, reusable, and modular code
- Maintain current skills and industry best-practices
- Be accountable for tasks, track time, and keep team members in the loop
- Strong oral and written communication skills with both teams and clients
- Must possess a strong understanding of the software development cycle, Object-Oriented analysis, design and development. Strong understanding of design patterns like MVC and MVVM
- High level of comfort using git alongside other developers, including deployments and code reviews
- Understanding of issues involved in reliably deploying optimized websites from git code repositories
- Understanding concepts of developing for a content management system
- Experience with IIS6+, and SQL Server 2008R2+
Experience with agile methodologies is a plus, and we’d like to see some experience working in a team, and all the technologies that entails (source control, continuous integration and build deployment, etc.). However, we’re willing to train to some extent, so if you know web development but can’t check every box on the list, no problem.
The Ground Rules
First, we need on-site, full-time employees to work in our Sioux Falls office. We feel the need to stress this point, because no matter how many times we say it, 90% of inquiries we get are from outsourcing firms.
Second, we want someone who absolutely loves this business. Client work can get hectic, and you really need to love web design and development as much as we do. If you’re the kind of person who gets pumped up over great code and elegant design, then you're the kind of person we want to talk to.
Blend pays competitively for experience. Positions include three weeks paid time off, a health plan, disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, and a fantastic work environment. To view our office and learn a little more about our culture at Blend, visit our Flickr Photostream.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.